More Miles Stuff
Creating this as a timeline of things going on:
- About a month or so ago, Joel noticed that Miles had a bump on his belly. Dr. Google said that it was probably a hernia at his belly button or something like that so I figured it was fine waiting til his 1 year check up to ask about it.
- May 26 - at his one year check up, Dr. L came in and still really didn’t like that his hands and feet are so purple. In October we had had a ton of work ups for it because it doesn’t look normal. Dr. L said if she hadn’t know he was “healthy”, she would assume it was sepsis. They ran a ton of labs, sent us to get a cardiac ultrasound, dermatology ran a ton more tests. The only things at that time that came back were elevated liver enzymes and he had antibodies to Parvo B19. They labeled it “acrocyanosis” and figured he would grow out of it… so Dr. L was surprised it was still there. Also, she palpated his belly where the lump was and she said it felt a little hard and Miles definitely tensed up and really didn’t like it - so she ordered an ultrasound to check it out.
- June 2 - Miles goes in for his ultrasound. Hailey had a few of these due to all of her hemangiomas so I knew what to expect. I sensed something wasn’t completely normal because she had to do some swapping out of the camera and focused in more in some areas. I’m overly anxious anyways and anytime something doesn’t go as I’m used to, I over analyze so I assumed I was over thinking it. I got back to the office after dropping off Miles at daycare and the results were auto released to MyChart: “prominent lymph nodes along the left hepatic border, multiple enlarged lymph nodes in the porta hepatis" I did what I know should not be done and googled and about had a panic attack. I called the pediatrician and she didn’t know what to think of it, but coupled with the elevated liver enzymes, she paged hematology to get their take on it. She said we might not hear back til Monday because hematology wanted to discuss with their colleague
- June 6 - Our pediatrician had us come into get a bunch more labs run. Miles was such a trooper, he cried a bunch but did so well with getting all of the blood taken, they took like 7 vials! Joel was able to come and help hold him, I was so thankful for that. That evening, the results started rolling in. His liver enzymes were way higher and a bunch of other things on his metabolic panel came back high. I did not sleep well that night….
- June 7 - Our pediatrician got ahold of pediatric GI and hematology. Hematology had consulted ruemetology… they determined Miles to be “idiopathic” and didn’t have any testing they wanted to run unless another symptom pops up. GI had some additional tests run off of the vials that were taken the day before. They also had us go get an INR test - pending his clotting results, they would want to either see him immediately or in a few weeks when they have their next available appointment. We went over to Maple Grove, the labs people were great! They only needed to do a finger prick. That came back normal so we are now scheduled to see GI on July 5 for next steps as long as no other symptoms pop up.
Comments
Post a Comment