October Updates

Life

Gosh I love October.  The weather starting to cool down, the pretty colors.. my favorite month by far.

It was a busy month for us!

  • I ran the Twin Cities 10 Mile
  • Mom went home, she hung out with us for almost 2 weeks
    • She taught Hailey "This Little Piggy", now Hailey goes up to feet and says "Piggy... Home. WEE WEE!", it's so stinking cute
  • I organized 2 group Peloton bike rides with some cowokers
  • Dinner at Dan and Sheri’s and met their neighbors and kids, Hailey was a little shy at first and then got over it and played with their kitchen toy and scooter - Dan and Sheri went to Pennsylvania the next day for a little over a week
  • Joel played in an indoor pickeball tournament with a new partner - it was really expensive!
  • We got a treadmill!!!! I signed up for Grandmas and Twin Cities 2022, so this should come in handy
  • I ran multiple times with the neighbor before work
  • I took the kids to the pumpkin patch with some friends. I can't even explain how lucky I am to have friends that will spend their Saturday morning playing with the kiddos. Hailey loved the slide there and she picked out pumpkins ("Daddy punkin, Mommy punkin, Hailey punkin")
  • Katie came over for dinner one night, super fun to have her to hang out with
  • I had the Mama retreat and stayed in the hotel overnight
  • I took family pictures for a mom that I met through the ECFE babies class
  • Joel's cousin Tim came to visit! He's all over the world doing cruises and traveling so always fun to catch up with him
  • Virtual SWE conference, definitely bummed to not go in person.  We had watch parties in the office, but it wasn't the same.  I also wasn't super impressed with the session offerings...
  • We had date night for our third anniversary.  Joel’s parents watch the kids, Tucker and Cassie took Dakota.  We got a hotel room in Eden Prairie, had an early dinner at Pizza Luce, watched TV and slept straight through the night without having to get up to feed or settle kids down.  It was glorious.  We went to Good Day Cafe for breakfast.

Hailey

Hailey is still doing gymnastics (or as she calls them - "Josie naxics" and swimming lessons.  She had her last gymnastics class and still keeps asking to go there all the time.

Joel taught her how to floss, super cute when they're both flossing before bed.  She has also gotten very helpful with bringing the Owlet over for Miles ("my-none") at bedtime.

Hailey has been talking SO MUCH MORE.  She says "Hailey did it!!" when she's figured something out.  My new favorite things is when she says "poopy toot toot" when she either toots or poops. 


Hailey went trick or treating for the first time!  She was able to fit into her baby shark costume from last year, so we re used that.  She had so much fun showing her bucket to the houses.  She would whisper thank you after we were walking down the steps to leave.  We ended up going to Joel's parent's neighborhood. We also did trunk or treat at 2 churches near us on the Saturday before Halloween.





Miles 

He is just the chilliest and happiest baby. He started daycare this month and likes to 'flirt' with the teachers, as they say.  If only he would sleep better at night....

October was a fun month of trying to figure out why Miles has such blue hands and feet.  We went to our pediatrician, had an ultrasound and ended up at the pediatric dermatologist.  Miles ended up testing positive for parvovirus B19 and they are pretty sure that's what triggered the circulation/skin discoloration.

Miles dressed up for Halloween as a football (I didn't get a picture) and a bear!










Comments

Popular Posts